We are looking for a Lead Environment Artist to work as part of our development team making AAA games in Unreal Engine by creating game environments: Build, model and texture a variety of environments, architecture, and props according to concepts, references and art direction.
You must be able to work closely with individuals in the other development disciplines to create game environments for rewarding player experiences.
You will lead, mobilise and develop the environment art team.
- Create game environments: Build, model and texture a variety of environments, architecture, and props according to concepts, references and art direction.
- Create realistic PBR textures and materials.
- Use existing assets and content to populate the game world in a believable and visually appealing way.
- Build the environments according to level design requirements and blockouts, bearing gameplay constraints such as traversal and metrics in mind.
- Good understanding of architecture and props with respect to the environment.
- Take relevant memory and performance restrictions into consideration.
- Prioritizing, managing, and planning the concept team’s day-to-day tasks in conjunction with the Production Manager.
- Have strong 3D modelling and texturing skills.
- Expert knowledge of PBR systems with a focus on material definition, readability, and convincing surface detail.
- Have a solid understanding of other industry-standard tools such as Photoshop, Substance Painter, Substance Designer and Zbrush.
- Experience with game-level production, with a strong focus on layout, composition, and visual hierarchy.
- High level of experience with Unreal Engine.
- Strong team leadership and people management skills.
- Experience with developing open-world games.
- Experience with procedural generation pipelines.
- Experience with the Quixel suite / photogrammetry.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying