We are looking for Environment Art Interns to work as part of our development team making AAA games in Unreal Engine.
You must be able to work closely with individuals in the other development disciplines to create game environments for rewarding player experiences.
- Create game environments: Build, model and texture a variety of environments, architecture, and props according to concepts, references and art direction given to you.
- Create realistic PBR textures and materials to complement the game's art direction.
- Use existing assets and content to populate the game world in a believable and visually appealing way.
- Build the environments according to Level design requirements and blockouts, bearing gameplay constraints such as traversal and metrics in mind.
- Work alongside your colleagues, art director and leads to continually revise game environments and refine visual quality, storytelling, and drama.
- Take relevant memory and performance restrictions into consideration.
- Have 3D modelling and texturing skills.
- Have knowledge of PBR systems with a focus on material definition, readability, and convincing surface detail.
- Understanding of other industry-standard tools such as Photoshop, Substance
- Painter, Substance Designer and Zbrush.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Traditional art skills, including sculpting, sketching, illustration and painting.
- Passion for games and game development.
What do we offer you?
- We offer a more than competitive compensation for the internship
- Getting to work in an amazing team with an AAA mentality
- Mentoring and support to help make the jump from university to a successful career in the games industry
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying